Develop graphically sophisticated apps and games today!
The smart phone app market is progressively growing, and there is new market gap to fill that requires more graphically sophisticated applications and games. Game and Graphics Programming for iOS and Android with OpenGL ES 2.0 quickly gets you up to speed on understanding how powerful OpenGL ES 2.0 technology is in creating apps and games for amusement and effectiveness. Leading you through the development of a real-world mobile app with live code, this text lets you work with all the best features and tools that Open GL ES 2.0 has to offer.
Provides a project template for iOS and Android platforms
Delves into OpenGL features including drawing canvas, geometry, lighting effects, character animation, and more
Offers explanation of full-function 2D and 3D graphics on embedded systems
Addresses the principal technology for hardware-accelerated graphical rendering
Game and Graphics Programming for iOS and Android with OpenGL ES 2.0offers important, need-to-know information if you're interested in striking a perfect balance between aesthetics and functionality in apps.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1: Getting Started
- Chapter 2: Setting Up Your Graphic Projections
- Chapter 3: Dealing with Complex Geometry
- Chapter 4: Building a Scene
- Chapter 5: Optimization
- Chapter 6: Real-Time Physics
- Chapter 7: Camera
- Chapter 8: Pathfinding
- Chapter 9: Audio and Other Cool Game Programming Stuff
- Chapter 10: Advanced Lighting
- Chapter 11: Advanced FX
- Chapter 12: Skeletal Animation
- Title: Game and Graphics Programming for iOS and Android® with OpenGL® ES 2.0
- Release date: February 2012
- Publisher(s): Wrox
- ISBN: 9781119975915