Defining enterprise gamification
Before delving into enterprise gamification, does "business enterprise" and "game" together sound like an oxymoron? You would be surprised to notice certain similarities between these two non-related terms.
A game can be thought to have certain attributes:
- Goal: A player sets their eye on a target to achieve.
- Rules: Structure and How-To's of a game.
- Player(s): One/many who participates.
- Outcome: Declared a winner if the goals are met, lose otherwise.
- Feedback: Player is kept updated of the progress.
If you observe closely, business enterprises also have relevance to the following attributes:
- Goal: A business enterprise has strategic objectives to accomplish.
- Rules: Structure and policies that govern the organization.
- Players ...