Patterns and Mechanisms of Inheritance in Humans
- Patterns of Inheritance in Humans
- Autosomal Dominant Inheritance
- Autosomal Recessive Inheritance
- X Linked Dominant Inheritance
- X Linked Recessive Inheritance
- Mitochondrial Inheritance
- Multifactorial Inheritance
An important tool used by geneticists to study human inheritance is the pedigree. A pedigree is a pictorial representation of a family history; a family tree that out-lines the inheritance of characteristics. The symbols commonly used in pedigrees are summarized in Figure 6.1.
Pedigree A table/chart recording family history using standard pictorial representation.
The human genome is vast and complex and ...