Down Syndrome (Trisomy 21)
- Genetics of Down Syndrome
- Advanced Maternal Agqe in Down Syndrome
- Characteristic Features/Phenotype of Down Syndrome
- Medical Conditions Associated with Down Syndrome
- Down Syndrome Management
- Down Syndrome Diagnosis
- Down syndrome is the most common chromosomal condition affecting new born babies.
- Characteristics may include intellectual delay, distinct facial features, problems with the heart, and digestive tract.
- Down syndrome is due to one of the following:
- An additional copy of chromosome 21 (trisomy 21) in all of the cells of the body (about 95% of cases).
- An additional copy of chromosome 21 in some of the cells of the body (mosaic trisomy 21—about 1% of cases).
- A chromosomal ...
Get Genetics for Nurses now with the O’Reilly learning platform.
O’Reilly members experience live online training, plus books, videos, and digital content from nearly 200 publishers.