Understanding how to use Amazon Web Services (AWS) has become a must-have skill for virtually anyone working in Big Data. In this course, certified AWS expert Ben Butler shows you how to use AWS while also teaching you core Big Data concepts like life cycles, time requirements, characteristics, dimensions, and design patterns for Big Data workflows.
The course includes an overview of the distinct web services provided by AWS for big data related workloads, as well as a hands-on demonstration of Amazon S3 (Simple Storage Service), and introductions to both Amazon DynamoDB and Amazon Glacier. Learners should have a basic understanding of the command line interface and an AWS account with API keys.
- Learn to use AWS and access its virtually unlimited storage resources
- Understand Big Data workloads, and concepts like velocity, veracity, volume, and variety
- Explore Big Data storage factors like request rate, latency, cost, and storage size
- Discover how to set up AWS environments using the CLI and the AWS Management Console
- Explore Amazon S3 in depth, including features like transfer acceleration and multipart upload
Ben Butler is a VP at REAN Cloud, an AWS Premier Consulting Partner. Ben worked for many years at AWS as both a Senior Solutions Architect and as an AWS certified trainer. He's earned multiple AWS certifications (Solutions Architect - Professional, Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional, etc.) and holds degrees from Duke University, Bowie State University, and the University of Virginia.