Get ready to SHIFT your life!
"Through shifting your focus and way of thinking, Steve Rizzo shows how to succeed on all levels of life, while actually enjoying the process. What could be better?! You will love the truth, the humor, and the wisdom this book contains." -- Dr. Mehmet Oz, host of The Dr. Oz Show and bestselling coauthor ofYou: The Owner's Manual
"I’m positive you will love this book!” –- Jeffrey Gitomer, bestselling author of the Little Red Book of Selling
"The stories in this book will make you think, laugh, and think again. It's an indispensable tool for maximizing your personal and professional success and happiness." -- Joe Vitale, bestselling author ofThe Attractor Factor
"Engaging, hilarious, heartfelt, and authentic—just like Steve--this book is for anyone seeking more purpose and joy in business and in life. I couldn't put it down." -- Lt. Col. Rob "Waldo" Waldman, bestselling author of Never Fly Solo
"With humor, research, and personal insights, Steve Rizzo will help you enjoy the journey of life, both personally and professionally. And he will make you laugh--bonus!" -- Chester Elton, bestselling coauthor of The Carrot Principle and All In
"Everyone is looking for a road map. Steve provides the driving instructions for those who are ready to shift into high gear on the highway of life." -- Wayne B. Goldberg, President and CEO, La Quinta Inns and Suites
"In a book overflowing with wit, passion, and serious truth, Steve helps you navigate that often elusive, yet vital shift in focus that allows you to reclaim the success, joy, and happiness for which your life was intended. Your eyes will be opened, and you will never be the same." -- Joseph Fusco, Vice President, Casella Waste Systems, Inc.
LAUGH YOUR WAY TO SUCCESS . . .
Who says you have to "get serious" to get everything you want out of life? According to Steve Rizzo, The Attitude Adjuster, you simply need to shift your attitude to get the ball rolling, both at work and in your personal life. In his funny and moving motivational guide, Rizzo shares the life-changing secrets that helped him confront his fears and shift from a promising career as a stand-up comic to his incredible success as a public speaker. Packed with humor, charm, and mind-altering insights--no, not that kind!--Rizzo's unique approach will show you how to:
- Find the humor in every situation
- Turn negatives into positives--every single day
- Make your workplace the best place to succeed
- Stop being a full-time resident of the Negative Zone
- Face your fears and get on with your life
- Make happiness a choice--and have fun doing it!
Throughout the book, you'll find specific Attitude Adjustment Strategies that you can apply to every aspect of your professional and personal life. You'll learn how to avoid the Eeyore Syndrome, tap into your Humor Being, turn self-doubt into selfconfidence, and make everyday conversations more engaging and more productive. You'll discover a tried-and-true method for shutting down that selfdefeating Big Mouth inside your head--so you can listen to what's inside your heart. Along the way you'll hear about Rizzo's enlightening firsthand encounters with Eddie Murphy, Rodney Dangerfield, Naomi Judd, Christopher Reeve, and many more. It's all you need to get your shift together, and that's no joke.
When the shift hits the fan, your new life begins--with love, with joy, and, of course, with laughter.
Table of Contents
- Opener 00:00:26
- Foreword 00:05:10
- Part 1: My Shift from a Comedian to the Attitude Adjuster; Chapter 1: A Change in Direction 00:27:29
- Chapter 2: Motivate This 00:12:16
- Chapter 3: The Finger of Optimism 00:22:10
- Part 2: Shift into a Happier Mindset; Chapter 4: Enjoy the Process 00:39:41
- Chapter 5: Our Main Purpose 00:36:43
- Chapter 6: Make It a Habit 00:55:30
- Part 3: May the Shift Be with You; Chapter 7: What You Think Is What You Get 1:01:31
- Chapter 8: Humor: The Instant Mind Shift 00:32:41
- Chapter 9: What It Means to Be Positive 00:37:52
- Part 4: The Shift Continues; Chapter 10: The Big Mouth Inside Your Head 00:34:45
- Chapter 11: Laughter and the Fear Factor 00:26:53
- Chapter 12: Way Beyond Comedy 00:20:10
- Chapter 13: Make the Commitment Now 00:05:47
- Closing Remarks 00:00:38
- Title: Get Your SHIFT Together: How to Think, Laugh, and Enjoy Your Way to Success in Business and in Life (Audio Book)
- Release date: December 2012
- Publisher(s): McGraw-Hill
- ISBN: 9780071839266