eing good at what you do isn't enough to help you climb the career ladder; these days you need to make yourself promotable, which isn't quite the same thing. Being promotable means having that magic mix of great skills and personal qualities that will enable you to meet your targets, build good relationships, and get to know the people who can help during your campaign.
Packed with useful advice, Get Yourself Promoted will help you with challenges such as planning your career, making yourself indispensable, polishing up your CV, and finding out about hidden job opportunities.
Table of Contents
- Cover Page
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- Table of Contents
- How promotable are you?
- 1 Weighing up the pros and cons of a promotion
- 2 Making yourself promotable
- 3 Developing presence
- 4 Managing your image: How to create an impact
- 5 Standing out from the crowd: Knock-out applications
- 6 Networking and marketing yourself
- 7 Working with mentors
- 8 Succeeding as a new manager
- Where to find more help
- Title: Get Yourself Promoted
- Release date: January 2009
- Publisher(s): Bloomsbury Publishing
- ISBN: 9781408134207