Analyze data and extract actionable insights using Power BI
About This Video
- No-nonsense practical tips on how to use Power BI features to create engaging reports and insightful visualizations
- Work on multiple case-studies using a realistic dataset with real-life data challenges
- Hands-on approach shows you how to use DAX slicers to creating the metrics necessary for data stories
You'll take the role of a business analyst and create factful, truthful, engaging, and visually appealing reports with meaningful and actionable insights, and analyze and present data in a way that promotes actionable insights, strong decisions, and clear data-driven recommendations.
Most courses focus on software, a programming language, with little attention to how to use visual clues and analyze and present data in a way that provides insights that can be followed up.
This no-nonsense, hands-on course will help you create well-designed, truthful, insightful, and actionable reports using Power BI, an industry-standard data analysis tool. You will process and clean realistic data, extract meaning from it, and communicate it using charts and visualizations. You'll do all this by using Power BI and its built-in DAX language.
By the end of the course, you will be able to use Power BI effectively as a business analytics tool to load, pre-process, and model data and create meaningful and actionable reports and visualizations.
The code bundle for this video course is available at - https://github.com/PacktPublishing/Getting-Actionable-Insights-from-Power-BI
Downloading the example code for this course: You can download the example code files for all Packt video courses you have purchased from your account at http://www.PacktPub.com. If you purchased this course elsewhere, you can visit http://www.PacktPub.com/support and register to have the files e-mailed directly to you.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 : Loading and Preprocessing Data
- The Course Overview 00:02:36
- Introducing a Company – What It Does, Where It Operates 00:04:11
- Exploring Sales Data 00:06:32
- Loading and Transforming Data in Power BI 00:09:42
- Simplifications in the Dataset 00:03:10
- Chapter 2 : Analyze and Visualize Sales over a Period of Time
- Chapter 3 : Ranking and Comparison in Power BI
- Chapter 4 : Visualizing Deviation and Change from Average
- Chapter 5 : Visualizing Correlation in Power BI
- Title: Getting Actionable Insights from Power BI
- Release date: January 2019
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781789809084