Analyze data and extract actionable insights using Power BI
About This Video
- No-nonsense practical tips on how to use Power BI features to create engaging reports and insightful visualizations
- Work on multiple case-studies using a realistic dataset with real-life data challenges
- Hands-on approach shows you how to use DAX slicers to creating the metrics necessary for data stories
You'll take the role of a business analyst and create factful, truthful, engaging, and visually appealing reports with meaningful and actionable insights, and analyze and present data in a way that promotes actionable insights, strong decisions, and clear data-driven recommendations.
Most courses focus on software, a programming language, with little attention to how to use visual clues and analyze and present data in a way that provides insights that can be followed up.
This no-nonsense, hands-on course will help you create well-designed, truthful, insightful, and actionable reports using Power BI, an industry-standard data analysis tool. You will process and clean realistic data, extract meaning from it, and communicate it using charts and visualizations. You'll do all this by using Power BI and its built-in DAX language.
By the end of the course, you will be able to use Power BI effectively as a business analytics tool to load, pre-process, and model data and create meaningful and actionable reports and visualizations.
This course is for data professionals, analysts, and students of business intelligence and data science who already know the fundamentals of working with data. Basic knowledge of Power BI is assumed. Being able to load data from an Excel file on a laptop and add a simple bar chart is sufficient for this course.
Table of contents
- Chapter 1 : Loading and Preprocessing Data
- Chapter 2 : Analyze and Visualize Sales over a Period of Time
- Chapter 3 : Ranking and Comparison in Power BI
- Chapter 4 : Visualizing Deviation and Change from Average
- Chapter 5 : Visualizing Correlation in Power BI
- Title: Getting Actionable Insights from Power BI
- Release date: January 2019
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781789809084