Hibernate has clearly arrived. Are you ready to benefit from its simple way of working with relational databases as Java objects? This PDF updates the introductory material from the award-winning Hibernate: A Developer's Notebook to teach you how to jump right in and get productive with the current release of Hibernate.
You'll be walked through the ins and outs of setting up Hibernate and some related tools that make it easier to use--and that may give you new ideas about how to store information in your Java programs.
In short, this PDF gives you exactly the information you need to start using Hibernate today.
Table of Contents
Getting Started with Hibernate 3
- A Note Regarding Supplemental Files
- Put Ant to Work
- Get HSQLDB
- Get Hibernate
- Set Up a Project Hierarchy
- Mapping Data
- Write a Mapping Document
- Generate the Java Class
- Generate the Database Schema
- Persist Some Objects
- Find Data as Objects
- Deleting Objects
- Better Ways to Build Queries
- Connecting Hibernate to MySQL
- Where to Go Next
- Title: Getting Started with Hibernate 3
- Release date: August 2006
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 0596528183