CouchDB is a new breed of database for the Internet, geared to meet the needs of today’s dynamic web applications. With this concise introduction, you’ll learn how CouchDB’s simple model for storing, processing, and accessing data makes it ideal for the type of data and rapid response users now demand from your applications—and how easy CouchDB is to set up, deploy, maintain, and scale.
The code-packed examples in this book will help you learn how to work with documents, populate a simple database, replicate data from one database to another, and a host of other tasks.
- Install CouchDB on Linux, Mac OS X, Windows, or (if you must) from the source code
- Interact with data through CouchDB’s RESTful API, and use standard HTTP operations, such as PUT, GET, POST, and DELETE
- Use Futon—CouchDB’s web-based interface— to manage databases and documents, and to configure replications
- Learn how to create, update, and delete documents in JSON format, and how to create and delete databases
- Work with design documents to get the formatting and indexing your application requires
Table of contents
- 1. Why CouchDB?
- 2. Installation
3. CouchDB Basics
- Using Futon
- Populating a Simple Database
- HTTP Operations
- HTTP Headers
- HTTP URL Paths
- 4. Design Documents
- About the Author
- Title: Getting Started with CouchDB
- Release date: January 2012
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 9781449307554
You might also like
40 Algorithms Every Programmer Should Know
Learn algorithms for solving classic computer science problems with this concise guide covering everything from fundamental …
Designing Data-Intensive Applications
Data is at the center of many challenges in system design today. Difficult issues need to …
Head First Design Patterns, 2nd Edition
You know you don’t want to reinvent the wheel, so you look to design patterns—the lessons …
Software Engineering at Google
Today, software engineers need to know not only how to program effectively but also how to …