Design and manage simple to complex Java projects effectively using Apache Maven's project object model
About This Video
Covers everything from basic dependencies to complex multi-module projects
Demonstrates the key concept of project building logically
Loaded with examples, motivated by typical build challenges
Building projects rapidly and incrementally is a critical part of a developer's job. "Getting Started with Apache Maven" will show you how to take advantage of the common elements of project building and implement effective methods to solve frequently encountered problems, as well as facilitating collaborative development among projects.
"Getting Started with Apache Maven" will introduce you to the world of synergized development in the Maven ecosystem. The course logically explains the various concepts of the tool, and shows how to proceed from simple assignments to complex ones.
Maven is not simply a tool to invoke compilers and utilities, but it is also an approach to easily constructing your project by accessing its ever-expanding world of tools and libraries.
You will learn how to pull in dependencies simply by specifying their coordinates, how to customize your lifecycle with plugins, and see how easy it can be to create a project website. You will see how to generate reports on your code that will enable understanding and will let you know when your developers are running into problems. You will understand how to scale up from simple projects to multi-module ones.
This video course walks you through the steps by presenting examples, starting with very basic ones, and growing to more elaborate ones once you have mastered the basics.
Table of contents
- Chapter 1 : Introduction
- Chapter 2 : Dependencies
- Chapter 3 : Plugins
- Chpater 4 : Controlling the Build
Chapter 5 : The Project Website
- The Basic Website and Reports 00:04:13
- Using Report Plugins 00:03:47
- Creating Custom Pages 00:04:00
- FAQ (frequently asked question) Pages and Site Appearance 00:03:10
- Deploying to a Web Server 00:03:05
- Chapter 6 : The Maven Release Process
- Chapter 7 : Multi-module Projects
Chapter 8 : Maven Tricks and Patterns
- Invoking Ant from Maven 00:03:46
- Accessing Maven Artifacts from Ant 00:02:47
- Building a Simple Installer 00:05:20
- Running Functional Tests 00:03:16
- Disabling Default Plugin Bindings and Excluding Transitive Dependencies 00:04:38
- Title: Getting Started with Apache Maven
- Release date: September 2013
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781782165729
You might also like
51+ hours of video instruction. Overview The professional programmer’s Deitel® video guide to Python development with …
Groovy Programming Fundamentals
Learn the advantages of using Groovy by itself and with existing Java projects. This video workshop …
Spring Framework Essentials
This video's accompanying source code can be found in the eGitHub repository https://github.com/kousen/Spring-Framework-Essentials. Anyone who writes …
Learn Spring Boot in 100 Steps - Beginner to Expert
Become an expert on Spring Boot by developing a REST API and a Spring MVC web …