Building a new Virtual Desktop Template with MDT
There is an easier way to create our template, and that is to adapt the Lite Touch Installation (LTI) process; we can use it in the following way:
- We import an image of an operating system from the installation media, which we already did in the previous section.
- We create a process (MDT task sequence) to describe how to deploy this OS to a reference computer.
- We create a boot image from the OS and use the task sequence to install the OS to the reference computer.
- We can now use this image to do the installation by just mounting the ISO image that MDT produced and boot the reference computer VM from that.
- We can then run the Deployment Wizard from our reference computer and, rather than capturing it ...