HPE Integrated Lights-Out 3/4 (iLO 3 and 4) allows administrators to manage their servers remotely using a variety of connection methods including a Web browser, telnet, SSH, and PowerShell. This section focuses on enabling a VSP for use with SSH.
To enable a VSP on the server:
- Connect to the iLO IRC using a web browser (http://<IP address of the iLO>).
- Logon to the iLO using the appropriate iLO credentials.
- Power on the server.
- Press the F9 function key when displayed to enter system utilities.
For HPE ProLiant Gen8 (BIOS) systems:
- Locate the Virtual Serial Port option using the following path, System Options -> Serial Port Options -> Virtual Serial Port.
- Hit the Enter key to select from a list of options. ...