In this section, we will demonstrate the experience of using Windows EMS to troubleshoot Nano Server installed on an HPE ProLiant server. Please note that this operation is possible with other servers as well; please check with your OEM vendor.
Using Windows EMS to manage an HPE ProLiant server involves the following:
- Enabling virtual serial port
- Enabling the EMS port in ROM-based setup utility
- Enabling Windows EMS in the bootloader of Nano Server OS
- Using PuTTY or a similar terminal emulation program to establish an SSH connection to the ProLiant iLO IP address
- Using Windows EMS functionality to perform basic support administrative tasks