The following is a detailed list of the system tables used in Redshift:
- PG_: The prefix for Postgres system tables and persistent storage. It is mostly used only to store information about objects. Most other system tables are Redshift-specific tables.
- STL_: The prefix for Redshift system tables and persistent storage.
- STV_: The prefix for the Redshift system virtual table view; it contains current data for the cluster.
- SVV_: The prefix for the Redshift system view; it contains stored queries and views that combine both
STV_ tables and views.
- PG_table_def: The table that contains column information
- STV_blocklist: The view of the current block utilization
- STV_tbl_perm: The view of the current table objects
- STV_classification_config ...