Troubleshooting High Availability (HA)
Talking about high availability, we are able to divide this topic into two different aspects:
- Troubleshooting HA clusters
- Troubleshooting virtual clustering
Troubleshooting HA clusters
We can begin troubleshooting an HA cluster using the following steps:
- Apply a minimal security policy that allows to send traffic through the cluster and verify that the connection is working.
- We have to create a continuous network traffic through the cluster and then we can try to shut down the primary unit.
- Network traffic should flow with no interruption.
- Now we are able to restart the primary unit.
- We have to check the configuration on the FortiGate devices, to verify that it is the same on all the cluster units.
- Next step is to ...