Chapter 2. Installing System Center Operations Manager
Building on the knowledge gained in Chapter 1, Introduction to System Center Operations Manager, you should now have an understanding of the core components of Operations Manager (OpsMgr) and its minimum installation requirements. In this chapter, we will walk you through designing and then deploying a new OpsMgr environment.
The following topics will be covered in this chapter:
- Designing an Operations Manager environment
- Creating service accounts
- Configuring prerequisites
- Installing Management servers
- Installing the Reporting Server
- Deploying the Web console
- Installing a Gateway server
Designing the environment
Before you dive in and begin installing OpsMgr, its best practice to take a step back and ...