Unleash the powerful capabilities of R to work effectively with data
About This Video
Find out how to load, analyze, and manipulate data from large datasets to make informed decisions
Be introduced to RStudio, R programming, as well as the tools available to mine data from social media
A tutorial with hands-on working examples of R programming
The R language is a powerful open source functional programming language. R is becoming the go-to tool for data scientists and analysts. Its growing popularity is due to its open source nature and extensive development community.
This course will take you on a journey to become an efficient data science practitioner as you thoroughly understand the key concepts of R. Starting from the absolute basics, you will quickly be introduced to programming in R. You will see how to load data into R for analysis, and get a good understanding of how to write R scripts. We will delve into data types in R, and you'll gain the ability to read and write data to and from databases as well as files. You will also get to know how to perform basic analysis of the data.
By the end of the course, you will know how data science can be applied in practical conditions.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1 : Introducing R
- Chapter 2 : Getting Data into R
- Chapter 3 : Cleaning and Blending Data
- Chapter 4 : Cooking the Codebook
- Chapter 5 : Data Mining and Analysis
- Chapter 6 : A Picture Paints a Thousand Words
- Title: Getting Started with R for Data Science
- Release date: September 2016
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781785884252