Take an interactive approach to telling your data story with Shiny
About This Video
- A highly customizable slider widget with built-in support for animation.
- Uses a reactive programming model that eliminates messy event handling code, so you can focus on the code that really matters.
In this video course, you’ll start off by installing R, R Studio, and Shiny. Moving on, you’ll learn about Code files and how to build a simple application in Shiny. You’ll explore an RMarkdown document to understand how Shiny can be embedded straight into a document.
Moving on, you’ll learn about the Shiny input and output widgets and how to put them together into a larger application. Further we’ll present several features of Shiny, such as animation, data tables, downloading and uploading data, and how to produce attractive and interactive data tables. We’ll also include a toy example.
Finally, you will learn about reactive programming in Shiny and how to control reactivity in your programs. We’ll use a full-featured application to explore the ggplot2movies dataset. Moving on we’ll show you in detail how reactivity works, how it can be controlled. We’ll conclude the course by learning how to handle errors, debugging, and rate control in Shiny applications.
Table of contents
- Chapter 1 : Installing R and Shiny and Your First Application
- Chapter 2 : Building a Larger Application
- Chapter 3 : Reactivity and Debugging
- Title: Getting started with Shiny
- Release date: September 2017
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781787124028
You might also like
Python A-Z - Learn Python Programming By Building 5 Projects
Python programming masterclass for beginners – learn all about Python 3 with object-oriented concepts, five projects …
51+ hours of video instruction. Overview The professional programmer’s Deitel® video guide to Python development with …
Make the most of R's dynamic capabilities and implement web applications with Shiny About This Book …
Mastering R Programming
Build R packages, gain in-depth knowledge of machine learning, and master advanced programming techniques in R …