Get to grips with Basic Geomatics with the help of ArcGIS
About This Video
Kick-start your journey as a geographical data analyst by delving into mapping using ArcGIS
Real-world, practical content that wraps your head around the essential know-how on using ArcGIS for geographical data analysis and visualization
Work with the latest features of ArcGIS for Desktop
ArcGIS provides a scalable framework for implementing GIS solutions for a single user or many users on desktops, in servers, over the web, and in the field.
In this video course, you will be introduced to mapping in geomatics with the help of ArcGIS. You will start off by learning how to set up the ArcGIS Desktop Suite, and learn how to do some basic data exploration. After that, you will delve into managing data and extracting it from different file forms to be used for visualization in ArcGIS. You will be shown how to import data from different files in ArcMap, join them to existing spatial data, and then finally visualize the results. Next, you will be taught how to properly visualize data for communicating your GIS-based analysis. You will delve into core-cartographic principles and also basic functionality for map-making in ArcGIS.
By the end of this course, you will be well versed with handling spatial data and creating your own maps for visualization.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1 : Setting Up a Project
- Chapter 2 : Tables and Queries in ArcMap
Chapter 3 : Making Maps with ArcGIS
- Employing Cartographic Principles 00:07:45
- How Do I Classify Data? 00:08:35
- Choropleth, Graduated Symbol, and Dot Density Maps 00:11:07
- Mapmaking with ArcGIS 00:15:08
- Layout View and the Visual Hierarchy of Map Elements 00:16:25
- Exporting Your Maps 00:05:54
- Title: Getting Started with ArcGIS Mapping
- Release date: July 2017
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781788291392