Build your own microservices in PHP
About This Video
- A practical guide to creating your microservices in PHP
- Master the various components that make up your application and create your own microservices.
- Appreciate the pressing need for PHP developers to understand the criticalities in building effective microservices that scale at large.
Microservices (aka the microservice architecture) is an architectural style that structures an application as a collection of loosely coupled services. The microservice architecture enables the continuous delivery/deployment of large, complex applications and enables faster, better delivery of value to implement business capabilities, thus enabling an organization to evolve its technology stack. It enables organizations to scale their products and add or adapt services efficiently. Companies can deliver software faster and more efficiently in order to compete in the dynamic markets of today and tomorrow, while at the same time keeping their products fast, secure, and stable. Lately, microservices have gained far more attention due to their use as the architecture pattern of choice at companies such as Google, Facebook, Twitter, Netflix and many more prominent technology companies and startups.
The course starts with the basics of microservices and helps you understand the important tools required to develop and validate them. Moving ahead, we will set up and create the right environment before we start building your microservice. The 2nd section is all about testing and will teach you to publish containers. The videos cover Docker and Vagrant. Finally, towards the end, you will learn to deploy and monitor your published microservice.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1 : Overview of Microservices and Getting Started
- Chapter 2 : Creating Your Environment for Microservices
- Chapter 3 : Publishing Your Microservices
- Title: Getting Started with Microservices in PHP
- Release date: October 2017
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781788295017