Learn Python like a Professional! Start from the basics and go all the way to create your program in it.
About This Video
- A comprehensive but fast and friendly guide to solving real-world problems in Python
- Covers the latest version of Python with fully up-to-date techniques and code examples.
- A practical tutorial designed for developers to get started with Python
In this course, you will start by setting up your development environment, including downloading Python and setting up your IDE (PyCharm); you'll then be introduced to Python lists and list comprehensions. The course will then show you what a generator is and why you might want to use one. Further on, you will be introduced to functions and decorators, and see how you can use them. You will then learn how to create a very simple, single-file Python program, and how to execute it both from the command line and from within the IDE. You'll also get a very brief introduction to debugging.
By the end of the course, you'll have learned how to manipulate strings, parsing and printing them.
The code and other supporting files for this course are available at https://github.com/PacktPublishing/Getting-Started-with-Modern-Python
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1 : Getting Started with Python Development
- Chapter 2 : Working with Strings
- Chapter 3 : Harnessing the Power of List Comprehensions
- Chapter 4 : Generators and Itertools
- Chapter 5 : Functions, Because Sometimes One Line Isn’t Enough
- Title: Getting Started with Modern Python
- Release date: July 2018
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781788472784