About This Video
- This comprehensive video tutorial will show you how to leverage Docker’s features to deploy your existing applications
- Package your applications with Docker and build, ship, and scale your containers
- Explore the key concepts such as port mappings and the image caching layer used during builds
Docker is an open source containerization engine that offers a simple and faster way for developing and running software. Docker containers wrap software in a complete file system that contains everything it needs to run, enabling any application to be run anywhere – this flexibility and portability mean that you can run apps in the cloud, on virtual machines, or on dedicated servers.
This video course begins by introducing the basic Docker commands in Docker 1.12. You will quickly learn how to write a Docker file, build an image from it, and then launch a container from that image. You will also get your hands dirty with common Docker tasks such as pushing images to remote repositories, and using port mappings and the image caching layer during builds. Finally, you will explore how to run Docker Services and learn how it can be used to run a group of related Docker containers. We’ll also discuss some more advanced topics such as sharing data between containers.
Table of Contents
- Title: Getting Started with Docker
- Release date: September 2017
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781788477000