Build a Web application with Spring MVC using Spring Boot, and Kotlin
About This Video
- Explore the new features and components in Spring
- Evolve towards microservices and cloud-native applications
- Gain powerful insights into advanced concepts of Spring and Spring Boot to develop applications more effectively
- Understand the basics of Kotlin and use it to develop a quick service with Spring Boot
Spring 5.0 is due to arrive with a myriad of new and exciting features that will change the way we’ve used the framework so far. This video will show you this evolution—from solving the problems of testable applications to building distributed applications on the cloud.
The video begins with an insight into the new features in Spring 5.0 and shows you how to build an application using Spring MVC. The advanced features of Spring Boot will be illustrated through powerful examples. We will be introduced to a JVM language that’s quickly gaining popularity - Kotlin. Also, we will discuss how to set up a Kotlin project in Eclipse.
By the end of the video, you will be equipped with the knowledge and best practices required to develop microservices with the Spring Framework.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1 : Evolution to Spring Framework 5.0
- Chapter 2 : Dependency Injection
- Chapter 3 : Building a Web Application with Spring MVC
- Chapter 4 : Working with Kotlin in Spring
- Title: Getting Started with Spring 5.0
- Release date: September 2017
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781788839723