Companies use different ways to organize their projects, and the type of methodology they use determines the tool that is best suited for their needs. Jira is a project management software designed to help teams of all types to manage work.
Jira is an issue tracking and project management tool that is highly configurable and flexible, which allows it to be used in a wide variety of processes.
There are different versions of Jira available, but the core concepts are applicable across these versions. In this course, we will be using a non-premium version of Jira Software on Cloud. Jira Software is the flagship version of Jira that is used for agile project management, meaning it is beneficial for companies that use the Agile methodology. With that being said, learning Jira requires learning some Agile concepts, and this course includes a crash course on the basics of Agile methodology to help you get started with Jira.
By the end of this course, you will gain a clear understanding of Jira and the best way to use it for effective project management in teams.
What You Will Learn
- Create and customize a team-managed project
- Learn to use a company-managed project
- Build reports and roadmaps in Jira
- Learn automation basics in Jira
- Create custom fields
- Create issues and explore the different issue types
The course is best suited for team managers, project managers, and beginners who want to explore the software’s functionalities and level up their project management skills.
About The Author
Simon Sez IT: Simon Sez IT has offered technical courses for individuals, small businesses, and Fortune 500 companies since 2008, with thousands of employees who can benefit from the easy-to-learn and hands-on software training. It offers over 8,000 video tutorials on a range of software programs.
Simon Sez IT ensures stress-free eLearning and enhanced employee productivity—whether you implement new software or a technological upgrade in your work environment. With over 600,000 students from 180 countries, Simon Sez IT is the preferred online learning choice for individuals and businesses worldwide.
Table of contents
- Chapter 1 : Course Introduction
- Chapter 2 : Concepts You Need to Know in Jira
- Chapter 3 : Using Team-Managed Projects
Chapter 4 : Using Company-Managed Projects
- Creating a Company-Managed Project
- Navigating Company-Managed Projects
- Creating a New Scrum Board
- Scrum Agile Board Overview
- Customizing Scrum Boards
- Continuing to Customize Our Scrum Board
- Creating a New Kanban Board
- Kanban Agile Board Overview
- Customizing Kanban Boards
- Creating Issues
- Overview of the Issue Detail View
- Creating Filters
- Using Dashboards
- Sharing Filters
- Reports in Jira
- Roadmaps in Jira
- Bulk Creating Issues
- Bulk Editing Issues
- Chapter 5 : Course Conclusion
- Title: Getting Started with JIRA
- Release date: October 2021
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781803232546
You might also like
Creating and Running an Agile Project in JIRA
JIRA Software is an agile project management tool that supports any agile methodology, be it scrum, …
Automate Everyday Tasks in Jira
Learn how to automate tasks and create rules in Jira with the help of different use …
Getting Started with Google Cloud Platform LiveLessons
2+ Hours of Video Instruction Two and a half hours of video instruction introducing cloud concepts, …
Leading SAFe Scaled Agile Framework 4.5 LiveLessons
9 Hours of Video Instruction provides an in-depth exploration of version 4.5 of the Scaled Agile …