In this chapter, we learned how to design a Citrix XenApp 6 farm and discovered Brick Unit Construction. Specifically:
- Common farm terminology and concepts used in the Citrix world and some new names used on XenApp 6
- Designing a Basic XenApp Architecture
- Writing a simple pilot plan
- Designing Active Directory integration
- Building a small test farm, used as a design validation farm
- Creating a list of applications to publish on the new farm
- Testing the list of applications and deciding the best method to deliver them
Designing and building a basic XenApp 6 farm is the first step for a successful deployment of the product. Installing and testing applications will help us understand the features of the products and gain experience with it.
In the next ...