As mentioned before, Tuxedo supports various OSs and hardware; you need to make sure you get the right installable file.
Hardware and software requirements
The Oracle Tuxedo software needs to be installed on each server that will run the Tuxedo application, or can be called Tuxedo domain.
- x86 or x86-64 – This denotes various CPUs based on x86 or x86-64 architecture. Most of the current platforms are supported; the following are the most common ones:
- HP 11i (32-bit/64-bit)
- IBM AIX 5.3 (32-bit/64-bit)
- IBM AIX 6.1 (32-bit/64-bit)
- MS Windows 7 (32-bit)
- MS Windows 2008 server (32-bit/64-bit)
- Oracle Enterprise Linux 5.0 (32-bit/64-bit)
- Oracle Solaris 10 (32-bit /64-bit) on x86-64
- Red Hat Linux Enterprise AS 5 (32-bit) on x86
- Memory requirements ...