Build and manage your own fully-functioning Citrix farm based on XenApp 6.5
About This Video
Create a basic XenApp farm quickly and easily
Learn everything you need to know, from installation and configuration to HDX and virtualization
Presented in a logical succession that will walk you through the entire process of getting started with Citrix XenApp 6.5
Citrix XenApp is a forerunner in application hosting and virtualization delivery that saves on licensing costs and reduces deployment and management complexity from an administration point of view. This video course will take the complexity of XenApp 6.5 and present it in simple and easy-to-follow videos to fast-track your learning. By the end of this video course, you will be able to build a basic XenApp 6.5 farm to virtualize your applications and deliver them to your users.
Getting Started with Citrix XenApp 6.5 is the best way to learn everything you need to know to design, implement, and manage your own XenApp 6.5 farm. This course is designed and distilled into fast, short videos to provide you with all of the important information to get started with Citrix XenApp 6.5.
Getting Started with Citrix XenApp 6.5 introduces you to the basic architectures and system requirements of XenApp followed by an explanation of different components and how each of them operates in the farm.
You will learn how to use the important management tools needed to manage and configure your farm, as well as how to publish your first application and make it available to your end users. XenApp 6.5 is tightly integrated with Active Directory, so we also show you how to use Policies to manage sessions and printing.
XenApp is especially useful in delivering multi-media and 3D apps, so we introduce you to the High Definition user experience and the important concepts surrounding it. We conclude with some advanced topics such as scripting, the SDK and virtualization using Citrix XenServer, Microsoft Hyper-V, and VMWare ESX. By the end of this course, you will have a completely functioning XenApp 6.5 farm delivering applications to your end users.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Introduction to Citrix XenApp 6.5
- Introduction to Citrix XenApp 6.5 00:04:58
- System Requirements and Considerations 00:02:44
- Getting Familiar with the Web Interface, Data Collector, and XML Server 00:02:31
- Overview of the XenApp DataStore 00:03:13
- Get to know how DataStore planning is done 00:02:01
- Using the Access Gateway 00:02:31
- Using the Citrix StoreFront 00:03:11
- Chapter 2: Management Tools
- Chapter 3: Introduction to Publishing Resources
- Chapter 4: Streamed Applications
- Chapter 5: Introduction to Policies
- Chapter 6: Introduction to HDX Multimedia
- Chapter 7: Monitoring
- Chapter 8: Introduction to Scripting
- Title: Getting Started with Citrix XenApp 6.5
- Release date: May 2013
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781849689366