Chapter 4. Creating and Tracking Objects
In this chapter, we will add more interaction to our game: with special effects as well as additional GUI elements, including a mini-map. We will also look at advanced techniques to handle cameras and camera views.
After completing this chapter, we will be able to:
- Instantiate objects in real-time
- Switch between and display multiple camera views
- Define and apply layers to filter content displayed by a camera
- Apply special effects (for example, sparks)
- Display a real-time map of the current level
Throughout this chapter, we will improve the existing game, and add a script for the hero to fire bullets, as well as a real time mini-map (for example, with an updated position of the hero and the items to collect). All ...