Chapter 6. Finalizing and Optimizing Your Game
In this chapter, we will finalize and optimize our game. After completing this chapter, we will be able to:
- Detect the current scene and load scenes
- Create a menu system and a splash screen for the game
- Improve the AI by adding breadcrumbing techniques
- Preserve and use data across levels
- Instantiate objects (for example, ammunitions or med packs)
In this chapter, we will add the ability for the zombies to follow the player using a technique called breadcrumbing. We will also create menus for the different stages of the game (that is, splash screen, instructions, or game over), and learn how to navigate through them. This chapter will also include information on how to keep data across levels so that information ...