Architectural visualization doesn’t have to be complicated. This book will teach you how to use Lumion 3D from scratch to create your own model, then modify it with textures and detailing for a fantastic image or video.
- A beginner's guide to architectural visualization
- Tips and tricks for modelling, texturing, and rendering using Lumion 3D
- Add a special touch to your images with Photoshop
Lumion is software specially designed to be friendly and intuitive to help you bring life to your model. Import your model into Lumion and start changing the landscape, weather, and materials of your 3D model. With only a few clicks, you will have a beautiful image or video.
"Getting Started with Lumion 3D" will help you give life to your 3D model. After the first chapter, you will have what you need to start creating architectural visualizations in Lumion. The next chapters will help you consolidate this knowledge by introducing you to additional tools using step-by-step explanations. If you don’t have any experience with 3D modelling, this book will also help you to start modelling using SketchUp.
"Getting Started with Lumion 3D" helps you to take your first steps into the world of architectural visualization using Lumion. You will be guided along gradually using easy-to-follow, step-by-step examples, and more importantly, you won't learn how to create the example in the book, but instead you will learn how to apply your new knowledge to your own scene.
You will start this book with a blank 3D model and finish with a beautiful image or an amazing video.
Table of Contents
Getting Started with Lumion 3D
- Table of Contents
- Getting Started with Lumion 3D
- About the Author
- About the Reviewer
1. What is Lumion?
- Lumion background
- Why use Lumion?
- What can we get from Lumion?
- Differences between the several versions of Lumion
- Importing our 3D models
- Workstation specifications
- Lumion's 3D interface
- Quick start
- 2. Preparing the Scene
- 3. Creating Materials
- 4. Working with Lumion
- 5. Building the Environment
- 6. Preparing the Render
7. Post Production
- Working with an image
- Adding the specular map
- Accurate selection with material ID
- Adding contrast using a lighting map
- The sky alpha map
- The importance of adjustment layers
- Applying lens effects
- Post production
- Title: Getting Started with Lumion 3D
- Release date: December 2013
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781849699495