Chapter 3. Enhancing GNS3
In this chapter you will explore some of the more advanced features of GNS3, in particular I will be dealing with features that enhance your connectivity to and from the world outside of your GNS3 environment, as well as dealing with the more common interface enhancements that you will probably want to use.
The following topics will be covered in this chapter:
- Connecting to physical interfaces
- Mini-project – connecting your GNS3 router to your LAN
- The Microsoft Loopback adapter
- The Linux NIO TAP adapter
- The OS X TUN/TAP adapter
- Adding VLAN support
- Generic Ethernet switch
- EtherSwitch router
- Terminal tips
- Using a different terminal application
- Using the AUX port
- Troubleshooting a device console
- Fine-tuning the topology – adding graphics ...