We learned a lot in this chapter about the core task in bookkeeping, namely, entering transactions and further tweaking them.
Specifically, we covered:
- Simple transactions: If they are simple transactions, we can enter them in the Transfer Funds window or in the account register.
- More complex transactions: If they are more complex transactions, known as split transactions, we have to use the account register.
- Edit, cancel, and delete: Knowing how to edit, cancel, and delete transactions allows us to overcome our fear of making mistakes.
- Duplicating transactions: We learned a powerful technique of duplicating transactions, which will help us to save a lot of work in bookkeeping.
- Shortcuts: We learned a number of shortcuts to speed up entering ...