Time for action - setting the starting invoice number
We want the next invoice to start with the number 2501. We are going to directly edit the file where GnuCash saves all the accounts data in order to achieve this objective:
- From the menu select Edit | Preferences | General.
- In the Files pane, you will see the Compress files checkbox. Uncheck it as shown in the following screenshot:
- Exit GnuCash using the File | Quit menu.
- Most important step: Make a backup of your accounts file.
- Use a plain text editor such as Notepad and open the GnuCash accounts file.
Word processing programs such as OpenOffice Writer or MS Word are not suitable for this work. ...