Get to know the essentials in Golang for Full Stack Web Development
About This Video
Master the essential concepts of Go programming
Learn how to build custom packages, types, interfaces, and unit test suites
Get acquainted with the commands included in Go's Tool Chain
The Go Programming Language's adoption by developers for building web applications has been on the rise. With its ecosystem growing in size and its stable architecture, Go offers a strong library for building scalable and high-performant web services and apps.
In this first of the four core sections that make up this course, we will start by introducing you to programming with Go. We will show you how to install Go and how to configure your workspace and development environment. We will move on to demonstrate basic Go concepts, to provide you with a strong foundation. We will explore arrays, slices, maps and user-defined types. Moving on, we will take a look at Go's built-in concurrency constructs and introduce you to several tools included with Go. We will finish the section by implementing a simple web server using Go.
By the end of the video, you will learn the tricks to building robust, secure, and fully-featured applications for the web.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1 : Getting Up and Go-ing
- Chapter 2 : Building an Essential Foundation in Go
- Chapter 3 : Collecting, Building, and Connecting
- Chapter 4 : Go’s Built-in Concurrency
- Chapter 5 : Powerful Tools in Your Go Arsenal
- Chapter 6 : Web Server Instance
- Title: Go Essentials for Full Stack Web Development
- Release date: April 2017
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781787280946