Praise for Gold Trading Boot Camp
"If speculate you must, read Weldon first."
—James Grant, Editor, Grant's Interest Rate Observer
"This book delivers on all of the essential elements of successful financial literature. Weldon provides a compelling context, walks through the metrics that affect the price action, and assimilates the decision-making process in kind. From soup to nuts, this is one of the most comprehensive tutorials I've read on the subject of commodities."
—Todd Harrison, founder and CEO, Minyanville Publishing and Multimedia, LLC
"The gold price is rising in today's turbulent financial times. Preparation and knowledge are essential to profit from higher prices, and this book provides everything you need to take advantage of the trading opportunities thatlie ahead."
—James Turk, founder,
"This book, with its insights into the current investment climate coincides with what many feel is a new bull market in gold. There is no 'one-size-fits-all' investment approach, but every investor who applies such preparation and rigor as Greg outlines will certainly have increased returns with fewer losses. It should be on every investor's bookshelf, handy for reference, and re-read every year. Greg puts paid to the notion of random walk!"
—Kim Evans, CEO, Global Building and Supply
Table of Contents
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- PART ONE - Evolution of a Trader
- PART TWO - Evolution of a Macromonetary Era
- PART THREE - Capital Markets: Looking Inside the Market
PART FOUR - Looking Inside the Market Technically
- CHAPTER 15 - Reading the Tea Leaves—Technical Analysis
- CHAPTER 16 - Charts
- CHAPTER 17 - Moving Averages
- CHAPTER 18 - Oscillators
- CHAPTER 19 - Rate-of-Change Indicators
- CHAPTER 20 - Fibonacci Retracements
- CHAPTER 21 - Historic Volatility and Volatility Bands
- CHAPTER 22 - Volume, On-Balance Volume, and Money Flow
- CHAPTER 23 - The Commitments of Traders Report
PART FIVE - Looking Inside the Market: Top-Down Macro
- CHAPTER 24 - Again, Everything Matters!
- CHAPTER 25 - U.S. Monetary Fundamentals and the Federal Reserve System
- CHAPTER 26 - Energy Market Fundamentals
- CHAPTER 27 - Global Trade
- CHAPTER 28 - U.S. Fiscal Fundamentals
- CHAPTER 29 - Inflation and Labor Market Fundamentals
- CHAPTER 30 - U.S. Housing and the Consumer
- PART SIX - Trend Identification and Momentum Trading
- PART SEVEN - Defining and Managing Risk
- PART EIGHT - Putting It All Together
- APPENDIX - Precious Metals: A Secular-Macro Overview
- Title: Gold Trading Boot Camp: How to Master the Basics and Become a Successful Commodities Investor
- Release date: February 2007
- Publisher(s): Wiley
- ISBN: 9780471728009