Do you know a high school or university student on the edge of adulthood? Chances are, they know they need to grow up and begin to find out who they are and what they need to do to get where they want to go. But it's a time of doubt, worry and even fear. That's where this book can be extremely helpful. Goodbye College - Hello Life is that little voice that nudges young people and encourages them to trust themselves, take a chance and believe that they can do it. The author – a businesswoman, coach, religious teacher and "grown-up" – is a cheerleader for young people dedicated to helping them find their voice, courage, vision and way. She encourages young readers to present their physical self and their mental self professionally, dress appropriately and behave appropriately, be respectful of others when it comes to technology, listen every now and then to others and themselves – all sound advice that will pay off in many ways throughout their life.
Table of contents
- Chapter 1: It’s Your Life.
- Chapter 2: Where are you headed?
- Chapter 3: Your Strengths and Weaknesses
- Chapter 4: How will you know where you really want to be?
- Chapter 5: Sacrifices
- Chapter 6: Are you looking for a career, or a job?
- Chapter 7: Make a Plan
- Chapter 8: Groom Yourself Inside and Out
- Chapter 9: Technology Common Sense
- Chapter 10: Good Manners Never Go Out of Style
- Chapter 11: The Art of Listening
- Chapter 12: Accept Help
- Chapter 13: Preparing for Interviews
- Chapter 14: Humility and Self-Confidence
- A Final Word
- About the author
- Title: Goodbye College—Hello Life! Go-To Answers from a Got-There Grown-Up
- Release date: January 2009
- Publisher(s): HRD Press
- ISBN: 9781599961651
You might also like
The Personal Business Plan: A Blueprint for Running Your Life
Find your life ambition and plan for success! You'd never think to embark on a business …
The Google Résumé: How to Prepare for a Career and Land a Job at Apple, Microsoft, Google, or any Top Tech Company
The Google Resume is the only book available on how to win a coveted spot at …
Get a Life, Not a Job: Do What You Love and Let Your Talents Work For You
You can love
English Grammar Workbook For Dummies, with Online Practice, 3rd Edition
Improve your English grammar You have nothing to lose and everything to gain by using proper …