Design a consistent & horizontally scalable database for efficiently loading and querying relational data
About This Video
- Get up to speed with the world’s first and only relational database which supports high consistency and horizontal scalability
- Maximize your business’ productivity by focusing on your applications, rather than worrying about your database
- Reuse existing SQL skills to query data using industry-standard ANSI SQL
Google Cloud Spanner is another solution for developers and organizations who have hit the limits of traditional relational databases like MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle and others. If you're a developer who would like to have accurate, consistent and real time global data for making decisions, avoid inconsistencies that lead to monetary loss, then this course is for you.
Do you want to resolve consistency and scalability issues and get accurate real-time global data for making decisions? Cloud Spanner makes this possible by creating a global, consistent and a single-source-of-truth data store for your business.
This course will cover the fundamentals of Cloud Spanner and setting it up step by step for operational database workloads by efficiently loading and querying relational data. It also covers modeling tables, indexes and tools with security permissions for best performance in Cloud Spanner.
By the end of this course, users will have a hands-on exposure to use spanner to setup and use their operational databases to utilize the efficiency of cloud.
The codes files to this course is stored on this github link: https://github.com/PacktPublishing/Google-Cloud-Spanner-Essentials
Downloading the example code for this course: You can download the example code files for all Packt video courses you have purchased from your account at http://www.PacktPub.com. If you purchased this course elsewhere, you can visit http://www.PacktPub.com/support and register to have the files e-mailed directly to you.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1 : Getting started with Cloud Spanner
- Chapter 2 : Cloud Spanner Fundamentals
- Chapter 3 : Data Modelling in Spanner
- Chapter 4 : Loading and Querying Data with Spanner
- Chapter 5 : Indexes, Queries and other Operations
- Title: Google Cloud Spanner Essentials
- Release date: December 2018
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781788295765