Google technologies can pull far-flung places into your classroom and make historical events come alive for your students. Students can express themselves through blogs, collaborative writing, and slideshows. Google provides the necessary tools to bring your classroom or educational institution into the 21st century, while also giving you the means to protect users' privacy. As a teacher, you can leverage these technologies to share lesson plans and other resources throughout your institution. This Short Cut is a companion to the Setting Up Google Apps Standard Edition Short Cut, and focuses specifically on using Google Apps and various other Google technologies, such as Google Earth, Picasa, and Notebook, in an educational environment.
Table of Contents
Google in Education
Part 1: Introduction
- What's the Difference Between iGoogle and Google Apps?
- What Are the Other Google Technologies?
- Using Google Technologies in the Classroom
- Leveraging Google Apps for your School
Part 2: Google Apps in the Classroom
- Using Google Earth in the Classroom
- Using Picasa
- Access to Docs & Spreadsheets
- Leveraging Blogger
- Collaborate using Chat
- Setting Up a School Web Site
- Using Google Apps Mail As Your School Email
- Helping Your Teaching Staff with Templates
- About the Authors
- Part 1: Introduction
- Title: Google in Education
- Release date: August 2007
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 9780596515188