Time for action - setting up the terrain texture image
Before we go on with modeling the terrain, let's set up the texture image which you will project onto the terrain.
- Open up GIMP and go to File ¦ New.
- Type in width 2048 and height 2048 in pixels.
- Go to File ¦ Save As and name the image
- Draw something random on the image using the Paint Brush tool, and then go to File ¦ Save a Copy.
- Save a copy of the image in PNG format named
- Back in SketchUp, go to File ¦ Import and select png from the drop down list. Select the image you just saved and select Use as Image. Click on Open.
- Select the bottom left, and then the top right of the grid rectangle. This inserts your image at the same size and location as your grid.
- With the ...