Time for action - making fencing with SketchUp's materials
We've not yet used the materials much that came bundled with SketchUp. If you haven't downloaded the full extended set yet, head over to Chapter 2, Tools that Grow on Trees now and find out how.
- In SketchUp open up a default template with a 2D person present to help you with scale. Select the meters template.
- Draw a rectangle and type 0.2,0.2 and hit Enter.
- Push/Pull to a little over the height of the person.
- Now, make it into a component and copy it for a distance of 2m.
- Draw a rectangle from the bottom of one pillar to almost the top of the next pillar, as you can see in the next screenshot:
- Now, select the Paint Bucket tool and select Fencing in the Materials pallet.
- Select one of the wire ...