Time for action - cleaning up a Google Warehouse model
Let's go and get a building from the 3D Warehouse and get it up to scratch so that it's worthy of being included in our level.
- Navigate to
- Type in your search for the type of building you want.
- Download the model and open it in SketchUp. Here is one I found:
- Looks terrific, but before we import it into our game engine, it is best to check a few things:
- Correct Scale
- If there are too many groups or components
- Textures applied sensibly
- All faces orientated outwards
- At origin
- At right angles to Green and Red axes
Fixing the origin and removing hidden geometry