Book descriptionIf you are eager to find out the similarities between sports coach and business manager, and what lessons from the world of sports coaching can be applied to both sports and business management, then this is the book for you.
It is commonly believed that, in order to achieve success in coaching, the most important things are to be a good teacher and a pedagogue, and to master in theory and practice technical knowledge about technique, tactics, and conditioning. The aforementioned is no longer sufficient to achieve a successful coach’s career, and thus for the successful running of the club.
Sports coaches represent a significant source of new values for sports organizations. They are one of the key factors in the business and sports success of sports organizations. Not only the competitive success, but also the business success of sports organization depends on them. In this book you will find out that today, for successful running of the sports organization, the knowledge of communication and marketing skills is as important as the expertise and the sports results of the coach. The bottom line is that better sports coaching delivers better business results.
Table of contents
- Chapter 1 Sports Industry—Heading to the Top of the Most Profitable Business Sectors
- Chapter 2 Better Sports Coaching Delivers Better Business Performance
- Chapter 3 Marketing, A Philosophy that Has Changed the Sport
- Chapter 4 Communication: One of the Key Elements for Success in Coaching Profession
- Chapter 5 Why Are Some Coaches More Successful than Others?
- Chapter 6 What Is the Future of Sports Business?
- About the Author
- Title: Great Coaching and Your Bottom Line
- Release date: June 2019
- Publisher(s): Business Expert Press
- ISBN: 9781948976145
You might also like
Leading from the Middle
The definitive playbook for driving impact as a middle manager Leading from the Middle: A Playbook …
The Art of Communication
Bring nuance, depth, and meaning to every conversation you have The Art of Communication is for …
Finding your bearings as a manager can feel overwhelming—but you don’t have to fake it to …
The GuruBook is an inspiring collection of 45 articles and interviews with well-known thought leaders and …