Great HTML: Level 1 will teach you the basics of HTML, from simply textual markup to document headers, metadata, and document type declarations. By the time you're through these lessons, you'll be building well-structured web pages, and building them well.
Throughout the course, you'll progressively learn to structure your pages correctly, and mark them up in a way that makes sense and has semantic value. Whether it's a list within a list, a complicated set of page divs, or just some text that needs to flow across multiple columns, you'll not just write HTML, you'll understand how to structure your page.
When you buy Great HTML: Level 1, you get access to an entire video library of lessons-including lessons that aren't available yet! Here's the scoop: we're continually adding new sections in Level 1 that take you further into HTML. We're also updating existing lessons and creating new ones in response to your questions, along with special "challenge lessons" that will test your skills. All of this is yours with Great HTML: Level 1.
Table of contents
- What is HTML?
- Set Up Your Environment
- What Does HTML Look Like?
- Add a Header to Your Document
- Add Headings and Paragraphs to Your Page's Text
- Order Your Items With Lists
- Elements Are Either Block or Inline
- Link to Another HTML Page
- Add an Image to Your Page
- Your Markup Should Fit Your Content
- Comments Matter
- Structure Your Page Using div Elements
- Identify Your Elements with an ID
- Order Your Content
- Challenge: Add Markup to a Business Letter
- Solution: Add Markup to a Business Letter
- Nesting is Important... and Tricky
- Write Beautiful HTML
- Validate Your HTML
- Use the Right Tags for Emphasis
- Abbreviations and Acronyms
- Use cite to Name Your Sources
- Preserve the Formatting of Code and Text
- Markup Quotations with blockquote
- Identify Multiple Elements Using the class Attribute
- Challenge: Markup a Bibliography
- Solution: Markup a Bibliography
- Tables are for Tabular Data
- Working with Multimedia
- Site Organization
- It's All in Your head
- Extending HTML with Microformats
- Title: Great HTML: Level 1
- Release date: December 2009
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 063692000102
You might also like
HTML for the World Wide Web, Fifth Edition, with XHTML and CSS
As both the Web and the browsers used to navigate it mature, work-arounds that compensate for …
Beyond HTML Goodies
Go beyond the basics and learn how the pros add and use dynamic HTML features and …
Working with HTML Elements
In this Working with HTML Elements video, we’ll cover absolute and relative links, navigation menus, linking …
Creating a Web Page with HTML: Visual QuickProject Guide
Creating beautifully coded HTML Web pages that perform predictably and consistently across all browsers and platforms …