- afforestation: The planting of a forest in an area that previously did not contain forest.
- Agenda 21: Released at the Earth Summit in Rio de Janeiro in 1992, Agenda 21 is a United Nations-run program related to sustainable development. It is essentially a plan of action to be taken in order to move globally toward sustainability.
- alternative energy: Energy derived from sources other than the traditional sources, such as fossil fuel, coal, and nuclear. Alternative energy includes sources such as solar, wind, hydro, and geothernial,
- biodegradable: A type of substance that can be easily broken down by the earth, and once broken down, contributes nutrients back into the earth.
- biodiesel: A vegetable-based oil that ...
Get Green Intentions now with O’Reilly online learning.
O’Reilly members experience live online training, plus books, videos, and digital content from 200+ publishers.