122 Guaranteeing Performance Improvement
1. See Gerson, R. F., & Gerson, R. G., (2006). Positive
performance improvement: A new paradigm for optimizing your
workforce. Palo Alto, CA: Davies-Black.
2. Gerson, R. F., (1998). Beyond customer service. Menlo Park,
CA: Crisp Publications; Gerson, R. F., (1993). Measuring cus-
tomer satisfaction. Menlo Park, California. Crisp Publications.
3. This has been shown to be true using expectancy theory and
attribution theory. Additionally, when you reward effort that leads
to a successful result or closely approximates a successful
result, you will motivate performers to attempt more challenging
4. Dweck, C., (2006). Mindset: The new psychology of success.
New York: Random House.
5. See Note 1. Also Gerson, R. F., (2004). HEADcoaching: Mental
training for peak performance. Bloomington, IN: Authorhouse.