How can an information security professional keep up with all of the hacks, attacks, and exploits on the Web? One way is to read Hacking Web Apps. The content for this book has been selected by author Mike Shema to make sure that we are covering the most vicious attacks out there. Not only does Mike let you in on the anatomy of these attacks, but he also tells you how to get rid of these worms, trojans, and botnets and how to defend against them in the future. Countermeasures are detailed so that you can fight against similar attacks as they evolve.
Attacks featured in this book include:
• SQL Injection
• Cross Site Scripting
• Logic Attacks
• Server Misconfigurations
• Predictable Pages
• Web of Distrust
• Breaking Authentication Schemes
• HTML5 Security Breaches
• Attacks on Mobile Apps
Even if you don’t develop web sites or write HTML, Hacking Web Apps can still help you learn how sites are attacked—as well as the best way to defend against these attacks. Plus, Hacking Web Apps gives you detailed steps to make the web browser – sometimes your last line of defense – more secure.
- More and more data, from finances to photos, is moving into web applications. How much can you trust that data to be accessible from a web browser anywhere and safe at the same time?
- Some of the most damaging hacks to a web site can be executed with nothing more than a web browser and a little knowledge of HTML.
- Learn about the most common threats and how to stop them, including HTML Injection, XSS, Cross Site Request Forgery, SQL Injection, Breaking Authentication Schemes, Logic Attacks, Web of Distrust, Browser Hacks and many more.
Table of contents
- Cover image
- Title page
- Table of Contents
- About the Author
- Chapter 1. HTML5
- Chapter 2. HTML Injection & Cross-Site Scripting (XSS)
- Chapter 3. Cross-Site Request Forgery (CSRF)
- Chapter 4. SQL Injection & Data Store Manipulation
- Chapter 5. Breaking Authentication Schemes
- Chapter 6. Abusing Design Deficiencies
- Chapter 7. Leveraging Platform Weaknesses
- Chapter 8. Browser & Privacy Attacks
- Title: Hacking Web Apps
- Release date: October 2012
- Publisher(s): Syngress
- ISBN: 9781597499569
You might also like
The Web Application Hacker's Handbook, 2nd Edition
The highly successful security book returns with a new edition, completely updated Web applications are the …
Learn Ethical Hacking from Scratch
Learn how to hack systems like black hat hackers and secure them like security experts Key …
In Penetration Testing, security researcher and trainer Georgia Weidman provides you with a survey of important …
Penetration Testing Fundamentals: A Hands-On Guide to Reliable Security Audits
The perfect introduction to pen testing for all IT professionals and students · Clearly explains key …