Chapter 1. Hadoop Architecture and Deployment
In this chapter, we will cover the following recipes:
- Overview of Hadoop Architecture
- Building and compiling Hadoop
- Installation methods
- Setting up host resolution
- Installing a single-node cluster - HDFS components
- Installing a single-node cluster - YARN components
- Installing a multi-node cluster
- Configuring Hadoop Gateway node
- Decommissioning nodes
- Adding nodes to the cluster
As Hadoop is a distributed system with many components, and has a reputation of getting quite complex, it is important to understand the basic Architecture before we start with the deployments.
In this chapter, we will take a look at the Architecture and the recipes to deploy a Hadoop cluster in various modes. This chapter will ...