Learn enough cryptography to solve problems without a math background
About This Video
- Understand and apply cryptography, focusing on how systems work not just mathematical concepts
- A practical walk through showing how networked systems use cryptography to communicate, and what the risks are when cryptography is not involved
- Clear explanations of how systems fit together, not just how each individual component works
Security is paramount for any application. Cryptography occurs all across software fields: it protects all HTTPS traffic between browsers, encrypts phone storage against prying eyes, and can even hide files inside other files through a technique called steganography. This course is for developers looking to design a system that uses cryptography, rather than designing new algorithms. Most developers simply need to put the right pieces together to make their own system work.
In this course, you will break down the concepts behind cryptography into simple lessons, covering terminology, algorithms, standards, and encryption/decryption techniques. We will also walk through how cryptographic systems are hacked to bypass (rather than break) their cryptographic capabilities.
The course answers questions such as:
What is cryptography used for?
What are keys and where do they go?
Why do networked systems sometimes give certificate validation errors?
If I need to encrypt something, how should I do that?
By the end of this course, you will recognize cryptographic problems and understand the right knowledge to apply a verifiable solution.
Table of contents
- Chapter 1 : Cryptographic Introduction
- Chapter 2 : Basic Ciphers
Chapter 3 : Advanced Ciphers, Asymmetric, and Public Key
- Asymmetric Ciphers and Where They Are Used 00:04:46
- Creating A KeyPairGenerator Instance 00:05:18
- Storing the Java KeyStore 00:07:58
- Java KeyTool 00:06:10
- Creating A KeyGenerator Instance 00:03:39
- Basic Encryption with Asymmetric Ciphers 00:07:46
- What to Do When PKIX Validation Fails 00:04:32
- Java Certificate Chains 00:05:16
- The Key Escrow Problem 00:05:18
- Chapter 4 : Hacking Techniques – Breaking and Bypassing
- Chapter 5 : Putting it all together
- Title: Hands-On Cryptography with Java
- Release date: January 2019
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781838554972
You might also like
51+ hours of video instruction. Overview The professional programmer’s Deitel® video guide to Python development with …
Algorithms: 24-part Lecture Series
Algorithms, Deluxe Edition, Fourth Edition These Algorithms Video Lectures cover the essential information that every serious …
Reactive Spring Boot, 2nd Edition
6 Hours of Video Instruction Spring is the most used framework for building services and applications …
10+ Hours of Video Instruction Linux Fundamentals LiveLessons has more than 10 hours of comprehensive video …