Empower you to develop effective and efficient code within minutes
About This Video
- Complete coverage of data structures and algorithms to manipulate them effectively and efficiently.
- Clear instructions, hands-on activities, and real-world examples empower you to implement best practices in your everyday development work.
- Features the Java programming language with support for the JDK 11 release.
Programs are created from algorithms and data structures. Mastering these is an essential part of your development as a Java programmer. They are the main building blocks for each architectural pattern. Many tutorials treat data structures & algorithms as theoretical computer science topics. This course relates every technique back to real-world problems and situations you will face working as a programmer. The vision of the course is to get you acquainted with the core and advanced data structures and algorithms used for day-to-day applications. You’ll see how they work and how to use them effectively in your own programs. This course will be full of step-by-step instructions, revealing examples, and clear explanations that will help you understand the practical application of each algorithm with scenario trade-offs. You’ll learn to use querying binary search trees. The course will take you through heapsort, quicksort, recursion, and tail recursion algorithms. You’ll get familiar with multithreading and probabilistic algorithms. You’ll also understand the importance of advanced data structures and graph algorithms. This course will help you to gain in-demand knowledge of key data structures and algorithms and prepare you for the next stage in your career as a developer.
All the code and supporting files for this course are available on GitHub at https://github.com/PacktPublishing/Hands-On-Data-Structures-Algorithms-in-Java-11
Downloading the example code for this course: You can download the example code files for all Packt video courses you have purchased from your account at http://www.PacktPub.com. If you purchased this course elsewhere, you can visit http://www.PacktPub.com/support and register to have the files e-mailed directly to you.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1 : Getting Started with Data Structures and Algorithms
- Chapter 2 : Creating Efficiency with Strings
- Chapter 3 : Working with Arrays
- Chapter 4 : Using Linked Lists
Chapter 5 : Sorting Stacks and Queues
- Using Stacks and Queues Data Structure to Demonstrate LIFO and FIFO Principles 00:08:38
- Searching Stacks and Queues to Determine the Next Appropriate Data for Processing 00:05:39
- Sorting Stacks and Queues to Optimize Performance 00:05:50
- Summary of Stacks and Queues Data Structure and Related Algorithms 00:02:52
- Chapter 6 : Implementing Trees
- Chapter 7 : Hash Maps
- Chapter 8 : Graphs
- Chapter 9 : Advanced Topics
- Title: Hands-On Data Structures & Algorithms in Java 11
- Release date: December 2018
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781789805819